Other Health Practitioners
OTHER HEALTH PRACTITIONERS
At present in order to practise health professionals such as
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health practitioners
- Chinese medicine practitioners
- medical radiation practitioners
- nurses and midwives
- occupational therapists
- optometrists (previously known as opticians)
- physiotherapists (previously known as masseurs)
- podiatrists (previously known as chiropodists)
need to be registered.
AUSTRALIAN HEALTH PRACTITIONER REGULATION AGENCY - REGISTER OF PRACTITIONERS
The registration of dieticians began in Victoria in 1943. Unregistered people were prevented from practising as dieticians from this time. Lists of registered dietitians appeared annually in July in the Victorian Government Gazette from 1943; these were either a full register or a supplementary list. See Victorian Government Gazettes.
DIETITIANS AUSTRALIA - REGISTER OF ACCREDITED PRACTISING DIETICIANS
At present in order to practise dieticians need to be registered.
NATUROPATHS AND HERBALISTS
AUSTRALIAN REGISTER OF NATUROPATHS AND HERBALISTS